Monday, April 1, 2013

A....April

Yeah, real original, right?  I am banking on the idea that everyone else will think that it is lame to use April for our “A” entry!  Then I will be original!  No need to be awestruck at my subtle genius.  (I have heard it is so subtle, it is usually not even noticeable...) 

I had to choose this because it marks a new beginning for me.  It is time to start over with a new job in a new place.   I had been living in Japan for a little under eight years and wanted to come home to be near my family for a change.  I move back to Canada then five months later take a job in another province and was there for more than two years.  So, other than those five short months, I had not been living home for 10 years!  It was time.
So, I am back.  Jobless and homeless but here I am!  I always land on my feet, so I have no worries!  I am determined, driven and flexibly stubborn.  Yeah, I just made that up...because it's true.  I am stubborn because I don’t want to settle for less than being happy in life and flexible because there are so many things that make me happy that I am open to travelling down many different roads to get there!   I also have an amazing support system, including great friends who are letting me live with them while I search for a new nest for my husband and I.   And I am hitting the pavement hard for both homes and paycheques!  I am pretty excited.  I feel like I could do anything!

I have been a million things up until now.  I have been a teacher, a mentor, a trainer, a voice actor, a writer/proofreader, a coach...ok, so that is not quite a million, but close enough!  Uh...new math?  Sometimes I get discouraged and feel as though this means I have no focus, but 95% of the time, I love the fact that it actually means I can do just about anything!
April also is pretty significant to me because that is the month that I met my husband.  On the 3rd, to be exact, in 2005.  In Japan.  This will always be my favourite time of year!  That is when all the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, people are out drinking, eating, having fun, socializing with strangers and as it was in my case, possibly meeting the love of their life!  So what if I am not physically there.  I am in my head and heart and will definitely be back for it at some point!

So April, bring it!  I am ready for you!  Clean slate, new start, a world of possibilities and of course, an awesome blogging challenge!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't choose April, so you're pretty unique in my book :) I love April, too, though, for the same reason - - new beginnings. April to me means hope. And you sound like you have a great attitude, and lots and lots of great experience doing lots of fun things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! I was hoping it would be unique! lol! Yes, I am feeling pretty good about starting all over again! I am definitely going to keep at it until I find something for me!

      Delete
  2. Best of luck on your new beginnings! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z Challenge" and I look forward to visiting again!

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my second year and I don't recall seeing anyone do April, so it looks like your gamble paid off! :)

    ReplyDelete