Friday, April 5, 2013

D...Oh the Places I Would Go...

I usually write my thoughts and observations about life in general.  But this time, I thought I would make a list.  Just for fun and to challenge visitors to add to it!  I love to travel and have not done so in over two and a half years...and I am pretty sure I am wilting away emotionally because of it.  So here is my list of places I would like to visit...that start with "D", along with the reasons why I would like to.  Add your own in the comments!  Let's see how creative everyone can be with this!


  • Daejeon - in Korea, just because I had lived so long in Japan but never made it across that wee pond to see it.

  • Dai - it is in Japan and I didn't know of it!  Now I have to go back.
  • Dover - have to have those white English cliffs on my bucket list!
  • Dundee - I have wanted to see Scotland ever since I was little.
  • Dunedin - the one in New Zealand.  Why?  Because...New Zealand, guys!!  And don't forget, New Zealand is where the All Blacks are....helllloooo!!  Rowr.  (What can I say?  I have a thing for rugby.......players!)




  • Denmark - gotcha there, didn't I?  You thought I was all about just the cities, didn't you?
  • Diamond Head - Hawaii...what's not to love?!!

  • Dominican Republic - Mmm...surf, sand and alcohol...
  • Dubai - I have friends living in the UAE and they looove that city!
  • Dieppe - has a lot of historical significance and one of the cities in the tri-city area I come from is its namesake.

So there you have it, my list of 10 places that start with "D", in no particular order, of places I would like to go!  How about yours?



13 comments:

  1. Very cool post! I like the idea of a list :D And Dominican Republic--yep, you got the basics down, haha. Let's see... I could add Dublin--a family pilgrimage we've been "planning" forever (my mom's family is from there), and the island of Dominica--way smaller than DR (and less touristy, too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh! Dublin! Why didn't I think of that one...I would love to go there! And Dominica sounds like it might be an even better idea!

      Delete
  2. Yep. Those rugby players are doing it for me.

    Gets me every time when they that Maori warning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I love watching them do the haka...gets me every time too. And Maori men have to be the best looking men on the planet! (Just don't tell my husband! lol!) :)

      Delete
  3. I know Diamond head well since I lived on Oahu for a while, and I'd love to see all the other places, except for maybe Korea. Couldn't get me to go there for all the money in the world right now.

    (New follower via the A to Z.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky! I used to work with a guy from Oahu and if everyone there is like him, they must be amazing folks! He was such a sweetie! I don't blame you about wanting to avoid Korea at the moment...it is a little tense right now with whatshisface up north jumping up and down ranting and raving. Hopefully that will blow over soon.

      Delete
  4. So many fun places! These are definitely more exotic than the only two D places I can think of at the moment, Denver and Detroit. Though I'm sure there's fun things to do there as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Detroit! I lived near Toronto for a while and never made it across the border as far as Detroit! I should have! And Denver would be a pretty cool experience, I think!

      Delete
  5. I haven't been to any of those. It'd be fun to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your D' wishing you well on the A to Z

    http://talesfromtedium.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dundee?...Andrea...Dundee??? oh dear no....Dornoch way up north if you want to see "Scotland" :-)And yeah, Hallo, DUESSELDORF!!! Begins with a D...oh yeah and when I was in Beijing there was def a few places which had a Dong in it ;-) Torechan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am thinking that Duesseldorf might be better for me if I want to see you! Dornoch, eh? That is a way more interesting name than Dundee...you may have just completely changed my plans!

      Delete
  8. Hello! I am also a Canadian living in Asia! (Philippines.) I want to go everywhere! Dubai is definitely on my list and one of the local carriers here is starting to do a direct flight there in fall. I'm really hoping we can go.

    ReplyDelete